
June 8th Hayley, Garrett, Teaghan and I were on our way to Buffalo to meet Tommy and then to Mineola to spend the night with my grandparents when a 17 year old ran a stop sign in Madisonville. Gabriel was about 2 miles ahead of us (his car was loaded with boxes so we could leave it in Dallas for the week) so he was able to be with us and help with the situation. Thankfully the kids are not hurt (other than dealing with the mental aspect - Hayley's comment to me was "MOM, we could have died!" breaks my heart...) and I'm just dealing with cuts and bruises from the airbags (the "knee" airbag is enough to convince me never to drive in shorts or capris - thankfully I had on jeans and apparently I sit far enough back that it just bruised up my shins really bad). The back pain hurts, too, especially trying to pack the house up...
So yes, my 30th birthday was spent dealing with ins. companies and trying to manage my pain. Bummer!!
They have totalled the van, so one of the first things to do after the move (after getting all new car seats) is to buy a new mom-mobile. Wish us luck!
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Good bye super mom-mobile
Posted by Caren at 6:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Poooor Caren! :( I'm so sad for you, how scary! I'm SO thankful y'all are all ok. Hang in there! Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Post a Comment